Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Amazing Almond Butter Rice Cakes!

During this last semester of uni, I accomplished quite a bit through exams, courses, clubs, etc. etc. But one thing that was always lacking was a good diet. With all the stress and hassle around me, it was easiest to just ignore all those recipes I've learned over the years and opt for some fast food goodness instead. Well, this summer, I've decided no more!

Over the past few weeks, I've been doing some research about the right kinds of foods I should be eating to fuel my busy lifestyle, ones that will both satisfy my hunger and provide nutritional goodness to make me happy and buzzing all day (and it doesn't hurt if they're on the low-cal side either, am I right? ;) ) That being said, I thought I'd make a post about one of my new favourite snack/breakfast/thingies: these almond butter rice cakes!


I first came across these somewhere on Pinterest or FitSugar or something like that. The original source is  http://deliciouslyorganized.blogspot.ca/2011/11/vegan-gluten-free-afternoon-snack.html, where I got the pic from too.

So here's the good stuff, what it is n how to make it. It's SUPER easy. First get yourself some:
- Plain rice cake(s)
- Almond butter
- Banana
- Cinnamon or chocolate flakes (if desired)

For one cake, I take one tablespoon of almond butter and smear it on the rice cake, slice up half a banana, and voila! To add another flavour, you can also sprinkle some cinnamon or chocolate flakes or the like on top, but I personally prefer it without.

And apart from being so quick to prepare (literally takes me 3 mins then I'm munchin'), it's also SUPER yummy, vegan, gluten-free, low-calorie (less than 200 in one cake), and filled with mega protein, potassium, and fibres -- seriously, how can you NOT love it?

Anyways, I've been popping one of these as a post-workout/evening snack or pairing it with some greek yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast, and it's just great! So, have a taste, and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

~SV

No comments:

Post a Comment